AMA— 🕯Linda #EvilSewerRat ✳✳👱♀️🐨🌟🎶🕯 (@EurekaJustice) June 8, 2021
The AMA is the Dr's union. They DONT set standards or regulations or Medicare fees. They represent the interests of Dr's & are INCREDIBLY politically powerful.
They DO stand up for lots of good stuff, but have also created public furore purely to pursue their own interests.
If having treatment in a PRIVATE HOSPITAL, Medicare pays 75% of the scheduled fee, your insurer the other 25% (you read that right - Medicare pays 75%). YOU pay the rest unless your insurer gives you "gap cover", but often they limit gap cover & you end up $1000s out of pocket.— 🕯Linda #EvilSewerRat ✳✳👱♀️🐨🌟🎶🕯 (@EurekaJustice) June 8, 2021